Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What Scares You?

Depending on the size of their business, entrepreneurs are frightened by thoughts of not making the payroll, the bank calling the loan, or the stock price falling.

Employees are frightened by the thought of losing their job.

Entrepreneurs are never frightened at the thought of losing their job because they never lose their job. Their job is to find new ways to grow. No failure can take that job away from them.

I remember my fears of losing my job when I was an employee. I remember the pain of losing my job – more than once. And I remember the day I no longer was afraid to lose my job but hoped that I would. That was the day I made the mental transition to become an entrepreneur.

We are driven most by our fears.

What frightens you?

This determines who you really are.

George Torok
Host of Business in Motion

No comments: