Friday, October 05, 2007

Do You Read?

Do You Read?

Many entrepreneurs are persistent readers. They read books, magazines, articles and websites. They seek to learn from others.

Every once in awhile I run into a person who claims that, “I don’t read.” It shocks me whenever I hear this. Reading is the fastest way to learn from others. How could an intelligent person ignore such a valuable source of information?

What’s the difference between someone who can’t read and someone who won’t read? At first glance - no difference at all. Neither will read.

The reality is that can’t and won’t often mean the same and have the same results. Many people who state that they can’t are really saying that they won’t. And won’t is as useless as can’t.

If you got this far – I applaud you for being a reader.

George Torok
Entrepreneur

Reader, writer and author

No comments: