Thursday, June 01, 2006

Entrepreneur Map

Direction and forward motion is the sign of an entrepreneur.

An entrepreneur picks a direction then moves in that direction.

Most often they have not figured out the little details. And often they discover the details as they move forward. So naturally they make lots of mistakes as they move and that is perfectly okay. The worst mistake would be to wait and figure out all the details before they move. That might be too late.

After my second year in university I decided to travel around the world: a bold vision. And a ridiculous and dangerous plan according to many who attempted to advise me.

My plan was simple. I would head east until I returned home and I would be home within a year.

That was my plan. Simple and measurable.

And sure I had a list of places I wanted to see. No one place on that list made my journey, but collectively they all did.

One year later I returned home. I had visited all the places on my list and then some. I have traveled through 22 countries, five continents and across three oceans.

My plan was simple – head east, be home within one year and experience as much of the world as I could.

That is how an entrepreneur thinks - clear goals, simple plans and measurable results. You will encounter some unknowns along the way to be decided by the overall plan.


George Torok
World Traveler

No comments: