Friday, March 24, 2006

The Squeaky Wheel gets …



How Angry Consumers can use the Internet to Resolve their Complaint

When you are an unhappy customer, being squeaky is often not enough to get your grease. What it takes is being squeaky with muscle behind you.

You could phone or write letters to the president, search for an industry or government advocate or hope to catch the attention of a media personality. And you could always entertain legal action.

There is another option. It is called the Squeaky Wheel and it costs $5.00.

What do you get?
You get a professionally designed complaint page
Your complaint is automatically added to 5 of the biggest Internet search engines.
A counter shows how many times your complaint has been viewed.
An e-mail is automatically sent to the company every time your page is viewed.
You get a "support my complaint" link. Send this to your 10 contacts who forward it to their 10 contacts. You get the picture.
You might get a refund/credit or appropriate action from the company.

Why did I create TheSqueakyWheel.com website?
“In the summer of 1999 I had a dispute with a major hotel chain. I felt that my complaint was being ignored (after all I was just one person). That's when I decided to create a web page outlining my experience. I also submitted my complaint page to the major Internet search engines. When someone searched for information on the company, my complaint page would show up in the search result list. My complaint was settled. This site has been designed to help those of you who can't afford a lawyer, and don't have the ability to program your own web pages.”
Jeff Harris

Hear him speak
Jeff Harris will appear on the Hamilton weekly radio show, Business in Motion, on 93.3 CFMU, Friday March 31 at 12noon.

Business in Motion is the only Hamilton area radio program that is dedicated to celebrating business. Creator and host, George Torok, has interviewed over 400 entrepreneurs, innovators and business leaders. The radio show is a weekly program that runs Fridays at 12noon for 30 minutes. CFMU is the community radio station owned and operated by McMaster University Student Union.


www.TheSqueakyWheel.com

www.BusinessInMotion.ca

No comments: