Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Motivational insights to get you moving

Motivational insights to get you moving


You might start the New Year with high enthusiasm but at some point it fades. Motivation is a renewable resource and it needs to be renewed regularily. When you need to recharge your motivational battery read these recent posts on the Motivational Speaker blog.


How to motivate yourself

While working on things for this new year I found myself in a slump. I searched “How to motivate yourself” and found some articles.

The one that resonated with me the best was this one by John Wesley on his blog at http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/how-to-motivate-yourself/



New Years Motivation

Why does the New Year motivate people?

You ask for evidence?

Exhibit A
Look at all the crazy folks that pay exorbitant prices to party at a bar, restaurant or hotel – often with strangers. Those fees are at least two to three times the regular rate.



Motivation for Motivators

Everyone needs to be re-motivated from time to time.
As an entrepreneur I am motivated about growing my business.
As a life long learner I am motivated about learning new concepts.



Deadlines Motivate

Have you noticed how motivated you can be when you have a deadline?
Why is that?. A deadline indicates a recognized shortage of time. A stated shortage of time reminds us that we only have a limited amount of time. If you tell someone, “Take all the time that you want.” They won’t be highly motivated to tackle the obstacle. If you have forever to do something - why do it now?



Motivation: It’s Cold outside

It was time for me to get up and go for a run. But it was cold in the room and warm in the bed.
I wasn’t motivated to get up because I was comfortable and getting up would disturb that comfort. So I laid in bed a bit longer. Enventually I got up and went for my run. The transition from warm comfortable bed to cold room and then even colder outside was still uncomfortable.



For more motivational insights read the Motivational Speaker Blog.


George Torok

Motivational Business Speaker

Canadian Motivational Speaker

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: